Quality of information
The NSW Environment Protection Authority (referred to on this website as ‘EPA’) endeavours to make sure that information provided on this website and in online newsletters is correct at the time of its publication.
However, as necessary you should obtain independent advice before making any decision based on the information on this site. The information on this site is made available on the understanding that the State of NSW, the Environment Protection Authority, their servants and agents, to the extent permitted by law, accept no responsibility for any damage, cost, loss or expense incurred by you as a result of:
- any error, omission or misrepresentation on this site
- any malfunction or failure to function of this site
- without limiting the above, any delay, failure or error in recording, displaying or updating information, including but not limited to, data relating to credit holdings.
Where there are known limitations to the information provided online, we will include an explanation of these limitations wherever possible. If there is any material that you consider to be misleading or inaccurate, please let us know and it will be corrected as soon as possible. If you require an urgent response you can ring Environment Line.
The EPA was constituted as an independent authority in February 2012. There are references on this website to prior organisations (including OEH, DEC, DECC and DECCW). Sometimes this occurs for historical accuracy. Where it reflects a delay in updating content, web users can generally assume that EPA is the organisation that has assumed responsibilities previously covered by OEH, DEC, DECC and DECCW.
If you use electronic services offered on this website, you should understand that:
- While we use our best endeavours to ensure the availability of these services, they cannot be guaranteed.
- It is your responsibility to use other means to exercise your statutory responsibilities (such as your responsibility to make a payment or lodge a form if you are an EPA licence holder) or obtain information if for any reason you are unable to use an electronic service.
- If you use alternative means to exercise your statutory responsibilities due to the unavailability of an electronic service, it is your responsibility to do so within the statutory timeframe.
- We recommend that you ensure current anti-virus software is operating on your computer at all times.
Images of people now deceased
The EPA is aware that many Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islanders are offended by the depiction of deceased members of their communities. While we have made every effort to ensure that only pictures of Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islanders still living are used on this site, visitors to the site are warned that it may contain images of people now deceased. Please let us know if you know of the death of any Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person depicted on this site.
This website contains links to other websites (linked sites). These links have been included on the EPA site with the intention of increasing the information available to you. If you use these links, you may leave this website. The EPA has no control over linked sites, and as a result:
- we cannot accept responsibility or liability for any loss, damage, cost or expense you might incur if you rely on information which appears on linked sites
- we are not responsible for the views, opinions, standards or information expressed on linked sites. The provision of a link does not imply that the EPA endorses those sites or the people or companies who own them, and vice versa.
The search engines provided on this website are to assist internet users to locate resources more quickly. However the EPA takes no responsibility for the accuracy, currency, reliability or correctness of search results, and does not warrant or represent that the search engines are free from errors or omission, or that they are exhaustive.
The EPA provides no warranty that this website will be free of infections by viruses or any other manifesting, contaminating or destructive properties.