Drinks suppliers are an integral part of Return and Earn. Suppliers of eligible drink containers in NSW make a financial contribution to Return and Earn, in proportion to their market share in the state.

Steps to becoming a supplier

If you’re new to Return and Earn you’ll need to complete the following steps:

  1. Check (.pdf, 117kb) whether you qualify as a drinks supplier under the Return and Earn supplier guidelines.
  2. Register your drinks containers.
  3. Sign-up to become a Return and Earn supplier.

You’ll find the following documents and links handy when registering to be a supplier:

Check your supplier eligibility (.pdf, 117kb)

Register your containers

Sign up to become a supplier

Supplier signup overview  (.pdf, 98kb)

Supplier agreements summary (.pdf, 634kb)

Media release: Return and Earn scheme costs (.pdf, 478kb)

Finance: Scheme Costs (.pdf, 1mb)

Finance: Invoicing Explanation (.pdf, 50kb)

Finance: True up and Invoicing explained (.pdf, 342kb)

Return point side deed (pdf, 342kb)

Supplier portal

Supplier news and toolkit

You can find our supplier announcements, newsletters and more in our news section.

To support awareness and understanding of the scheme, we’ve created a toolkit of communication materials that can be downloaded and used in an in-store environment.

By downloading and using this toolkit you agree to the terms of use: Material must not be altered. Information may only be added into the editable fields, where provided.

Download toolkit

Supplier Annual Statutory Declaration

Please download the printable blank version of the Supplier Annual Statutory Declaration  (.pdf 88kb).

Once the Statutory Declaration is signed and witnessed, please scan and email to info@exchangeforchange.com.au.

For help to complete the form, please read detailed instructions to fill form (.pdf 235kb).

Supplier newsletters

EFC May & Q1 True Up 2018 (.pdf, 279kb)

EFC Newsletter: June 2018 (.pdf, 725kb)

EFC Newsletter: May 2018 (.pdf, 720kb)

EFC Newsletter: April 2018 (.pdf, 317KB)

EFC Newsletter: March 2018 (.pdf, 257kb)

EFC Newsletter: February 2018 (.pdf, 290kb)

EFC Newsletter: January 2018 (.pdf, 577kb)

EFC newsletter:  November 2017 (.pdf. 675kb)

Get in contact

If you have any questions or need our help, please call us on 1800 813 887 between 9am and 5pm (EST), Monday to Friday or send us an email.

Frequently asked questions

  • Am I considered a Supplier?

    A Supplier is any business selling beverages in containers in NSW, or giving them away as part of a promotion. This includes manufacturers, distributors, wholesalers and retailers.

    If the business is considered a First Supplier it must register the containers and enter a supply agreement with the Scheme Coordinator, Exchange for Change. You’ll find detailed information on whether you as a manufacturer, distributor, wholesaler or retailer are considered a First Supplier, including examples in this information sheet (.pdf, 108kb).

  • What steps do I need to take?

    You’ll need to register your containers with the EPA, and sign-up to become a Supplier (.pdf, 98kb).


  • How much will it cost me?

    Every month each Supplier will be invoiced for their share of the scheme’s costs based on their market share. This is calculated by the number of containers supplied in each category of manufacturing materials.

    You can view an estimate of costs from the Scheme Coordinator, Exchange for Change in this document (.pdf, 1mb).