How does Return and Earn work?
1. Collect eligible bottles and cans.
2. Take your containers to a return point.
3. Earn a refund or make a donation.
4. Connect with your community.
Return point types
Reverse Vending Machines
- Are self service
- Accept up to 500 containers in any one transaction
- Insert container into correct chute for barcode scanning
- Issue a variety of refund types: electronic transfers, vouchers and charitable donations
- TIP: Separate containers by material type before you go
Learn more about returning at Reverse Vending Machines
Over the Counter Sites
- Are local businesses and shops
- Are good for returning smaller quantities of containers, less than 100
- Issue cash refunds and electronic payments
- A great way to support local businesses
Learn more about returning at Over the Counter sites
- Staffed return and centres
- Are the best option for returning larger quantities, but will accept any return amount
- Pass your containers to a service assistant for automated counting
- Issue cash refunds and provide electronic transfers
Learn more about returning at Automated Depots
- Are self service machines
- You’ll find them at at some railway stations, Service NSW offices and Taronga Zoo
- Accept plastics, cartons and cans only
- Simply choose a preferred charity to donate to and insert your eligible containers into the return chute
- Your refund can only be donated to charity
Learn more about returning at Donation Stations