How does Return and Earn work?
1. Collect eligible bottles and cans.
2. Take your containers to a return point.
3. Earn a refund or make a donation.
4. Connect with your community.
Return point types
Reverse Vending Machines
- Self service
- Automatically scans your containers
- Accepts up to 500 containers in any one transaction
- Offers a variety of refund choices
- Fun to use (for the kids)
- Check machine status/availability before you go
- Staffed bulk container return centre
- Most convenient way to return larger quantities, 500+
- Provides cash refunds and electronic transfers
- Put your containers in the machine and it counts them for you
- Participating local businesses where you can return containers over the counter
- Better for smaller quantities (usually less than 100)
- Provides cash refunds
- Great for supporting local businesses
- Is a self service Reverse Vending Machine
- Let you donate only and doesn’t offer a refund
What's happening around me?
First Time Winners - Return and Earn litter prevention initiatives take home the gongs
Return and Earn congratulates the outstanding achievements of this year’s Keep Australia Beautiful NSW Sustainable Cities Award Winners. The first-time winners of the Return and Earn Litter Prevention Award are St Vincent de Paul Society NSW (Vinnies) and Glenmore Park High School (Glenmore Park).