Good to go: most drink bottles and cans
These containers are most commonly found as litter in NSW. They’re often consumed ‘on the go.’
- Cans (e.g. soft drinks)
- Bottles ( e.g. beer bottles)
- Cartons (e.g. milk cartons)
- Juice boxes or poppers
Most containers between 150ml and 3 litres are accepted and can get you a refund. However, they must…
- Be in good condition (not be crushed or broken)
- Be empty
- Have the label attached
No go: items that are not refundable
These items aren’t accepted, but can still go into household recycling. They’re often used at home.
- Any milk containers that are 1 litre or more
- Glass wine bottles
- Glass spirit bottles
- Juice bottles over 1 litre
- Cordial bottles
Not sure if your container is eligible?
It can be confusing to know what’s eligible, which is why we have the container database. Simply enter your product or have the barcode handy.